10 Things Everyone Who Has Lived In A Hostel Can Relate To
Ever booked a hostel and ended up staying there for months? Here are some things you'll definitely relate to.
1. The deep sorrow of dropping your toothbrush on the floor in the communal bathroom.
2. Spending every night plotting how you will confront your roomie about their snoring, but always being too scared to mention it the next day.
3. Doing your absolute best to stay in on a Friday and save money, but still ending up hungover every Saturday morning.
4. Complaining about the low standard of the free breakfast, but never ever missing it.
5. Becoming best friends with someone and then feeling devastated when they leave on their travels.
6. Waiting for weeks to pounce on the next free bottom bunk only to find the hostel newbie has already taken it.
7. Spending your days avoiding the lad/lass you pulled on your first night out at the hostel.
8. Eating your cereal with a knife because there are no spoons left.
9. Constantly saying you’re looking for a flat and can’t wait to have your own space but never really making any effort to leave your hostel home.
10. The pure joy of having an endless supply of friends who are always ready to get drunk or go exploring with you.
Ready to hit the road and start your travels? Whether you're on a gap year, working holiday, backpacking or a short trip, check out our award-winning small group tours here! With expertly crafted itineraries, the guidance of a knowledgable group leader, full end-to-end support, and a new group of friends to make memories with, our trips are the ultimate way to discover a new country! Oh, and did we mention that all of the activities on our itineraries are included? You heard right - everything we mention is included in the tour - no extra payments required.
For info about travelling SE Asia & Australia, including when to go, where to go, how much to save, and what to bring, check out our Ultimate Guides below!
BACKPACKING AUSTRALIA: AN ULTIMATE GUIDE
ULTIMATE GUIDE TO BACKPACKING SOUTH EAST ASIA